PPC for Targeted Traffic
Here are a few campaigns I have ran Strictly with U.S. traffic. Google allows us to determine how we would like to target our audience by not only demographic and country, but also by region, city and even down to a ten mile radius if necessary.
Run for Life
Niche: Running and Training
Remember, it’s simply About Running. It’s all about doing the absolute best you can do when training, as well as on race day. Inspire Life Long Running…
Serious Competitive Running.
The Runners Campaign was at first just a set-up and not full PPC campaign management, but as you can see in the screen shot below, little tweaks to the keywords, ad’s and continuous monitoring ensures proper optimization and greater ROI. As you might notice this campaign has generated over 17 million impressions and over 50,000 clicks to the website at an average of 7 cents a click. What could you do with that kind of traffic to your site, do you think you could make a few sales?
Niche: Stock Market , Commodities and Stock Market Tools
FreeCharts stock trading charts, news, stock history, & trading tips. Diversification can be an effective strategy for your stock and asset portfolio when you feel there is a coming market shift or just for piece of mind. Take a look at FreeCharts online stock trading tools, sign up for the market watch newsletter & receive trading tips for the investor right to your email, Free stock market trading analysis tools & techniques from FreeCharts.com
Clients often ask how cheap it can be to be advertising on Google and I am happy to say it is still possible to get those elusive 5 cent keywords.
If you want to get the really cheap clicks you may want to have a graphic designer develop some custom banner creatives for the campaign. It isn’t always necessary to run a campaign with images but it certainly helps with the company branding and recognition, as well as giving a professional polish to your advertising. They always said an image says a thousand words, but a properly designed banner can invoke emotion :)
The screen shot below gives you a view of a 4% Click Thru Rate (CTR). Average is actually .44% if your running a campaign in the content/Google partners network because there are so many sites that are niche specific around the net. The dips you see are campaign adjustments, rewriting ad’s to improve the performance, adding and deleting keywords and typically weekends are slow for just about any campaign I have run. But even though the weekends were slow, the 3 million impressions and 100,000 plus visitors to the site in a couple months more than made up for it.
Here is another example of cheap clicks to show you that there are many, many of them out there.
The key to achieving a lower cost per click is making sure you have a tight correlation between the ad copy, the keywords your bidding on and the relationship those factors have with the landing page. You can’t bid on a term and not have it in the ad or on your landing page and expect to have results like this.
Often times it’s necessary to develop custom landing pages for each group of keywords, or in some cases a single term.
The process of creating landing pages can be a simple as adding a specific page to your blog about a product or service you offer and ensuring you have a clear call to action. To get the most bang for your buck you could put together a special report about your products or service and why you should be the go to resource.
I have found most of my clients have materials just collecting dust on their hard drives that would be great for a free download as an informational piece to offer prospects. The “freebie model” is a great way to capture a lead for next to nothing with the ability to follow up, nurture the lead and turn them into repeat buyers.
Still reading? Give me a call or send me an email, it’s free.
About ChrisSEO and SEM for Small and Mid Sized Business, B2B Consulting for B2C Clients.
- eCommerce SEO for Pet Supplies July 24, 2011
- PPC for Targeted Traffic July 26, 2011
- Video Game Forum SEO and PPC July 26, 2011
- Quora is Twitter as a reason to never to the same size. January 15, 2011
- Domainer TV interview with David Harry January 15, 2011
- Local Business Listings February 9, 2012
- Naples SEO October 17, 2011
- Local SEO July 27, 2011
- Local Business PPC July 26, 2011
- PPC for Targeted Traffic July 26, 2011
- Local Business PPC: [...] and get noticed. Want to see more examples o...
- Seovideo » Blog Archive » Video Game Forum SEO and PPC: [...] See the original post: Video Game Forum SEO ...
- eCommerce SEO for Pet Supplies | SEM and SEO Portfolio by Chris Melfi « Smart Search Engine Marketing: [...] the rest here: eCommerce SEO for Pet Supplie...
- PPC for Targeted Traffic | SEM and SEO Portfolio by Chris Melfi « Smart Search Engine Marketing: [...] here to read the rest: PPC for Targeted Traf...
- SEO eCommerce store for Pet Supplies | SEM and SEO Portfolio by … « Smart Search Engine Marketing: [...] from: SEO eCommerce store for Pet Supplies |...